Rodent Infestations in the Fall
Roof Rat vs. House Mouse
Roof rats are common in Bryan/ College Station. You may find roof rats nesting in various places inside your home or business, including the following:
- inside walls and sheetrock
- laundry rooms
- pool areas
The house mouse is light brown in color with some gray shading and a dark tail. Their droppings have a shape similar to that of rods. Also, house mice have a small head, small feet, pointed snout and large ears with some hair.
Mice will build their nests in a hidden area near a food source. They will use just about any soft material or finely shredded paper to build its nest.
Signs of Rodents in Your Home or Business
It can be difficult to sight rodents in your home due to these critters being most active at nighttime.
You may notice some of the following signs of rodents:
- dark brown or black droppings
- evidence of nesting
- gnaw marks on doors and furniture
- chewed up nesting material
- damage to packaged foods and dry goods
- rub marks along runways from the rodents’ greasy fur
- footprints and tail tracks in dusty areas, especially along walls
- squeaks, movements and unexplained sounds coming from behind your walls
How to Prevent Rodent Infestations
The following are a few tips on how to prevent rodent infestations in your Bryan/College Station home or business:
- Properly seal and store all food sources.
- Store cardboard objects or discard appropriately after use.
- Seal all openings to prevent entry.
Professional Rodent Control Services in Bryan/College Station
Our technicians at City Pest Control will begin with an inspection to determine if and where there is rodent activity. We will locate where the rats or mice are hiding and feeding to determine the scope of the rodent control problem. Then, we will discuss the best course of action for the rodent infestation.
Additionally, our team can trap to remove rodents so that there will be no odor. Our rodent exclusion services will find rodent entry points and then patch them to keep rodents out of your home or business.
These are just the basics of rodent infestations in the fall. Contact us with the link below for more information or to schedule your rodent control services with us today!