Do I Have a Termite Infestation?
Signs of Termite Infestation
Subterranean termites are common in the BCS area. Therefore, City Pest Control offers Bryan/College Station termite control services.
The following are a few signs of termite infestation:
Subterranean termite infestations begin when warm temperatures and heavy rainfall trigger an established colony to send out a swarm of winged termites. Swarms have both winged reproductive males and females. Typically, colonies are active for three to five years before winged reproductive appear.
Often times, people confuse reproductive termites for flying ants. However, reproductive termites are smaller than ants and have straight, rather than bent, antennae. Termite swarmers have four wings that are the same size. Conversely, ant swarmers have two large wings in front with two smaller wings behind.
Piles of Wings
Swarmer termites land and shed their wings after mating, which leaves them in piles that resemble fish scales.
If you notice piles of wings on windowsills of your home, check to see if they are all the same size. They could be termite wings, particularly if they are the same size.
Subterranean termites create a distinctive honeycomb pattern in damaged wood.
As a result, tunnels form inside the softer wood and leaves external grain intact.
Identifying Subterranean Termites
The following are a few identification factors for subterranean termites:
- Alates (swarmers) are dark brown in color, about ¼ to ½ inches long with two pairs of wings that are very close to being equal length.
- Workers have no wings and are about ¼ inches or less in length. They are cream colored.
- Soldiers have no wings, but have large mandibles (jaws). They are termite colony defenders and are creamy-white in color. However, their head is often brownish in color.
- You may notice damaged wood. Subterranean termites build their nests underground. Therefore, damaged wood typically has an accumulation of soil or mud within the tunnels of the wood they are eating. Termites only eat the softwood, so damaged wood might appear to be layered.
- The location of the nest is another sign of termite infestation. The nest is typically found below ground. While they may be found above ground, this is only when sufficient moisture conditions are available to support the above-ground nest and the colony is old and well-established.
Benefits of Our Bryan/College Station Termite Control Services
Expertise in Termite Control
The key to eliminating a termite infestation in your Bryan/College Station home is identifying the nest. Anything less of this will ensure that the issue of termites keeps returning.
Therefore, hiring our professional termite exterminators at City Pest Control ensures that these pests are permanently eliminated from your home. We have the training and skills necessary to easily identify the termite nest and remove it from your home.
Special Equipment for Termite Control
Termites can be difficult to eradicate without the right tools. That is why calling our professionals here at City Pest Control is essential. We have the equipment and skills necessary to completely get rid of the termites in your Bryan/College Station home.
Also, if the termites have already gotten into the foundation, our team will use our specialized equipment to ensure that they are all exterminated.
Safety for You and Your Family
Some of the chemicals necessary to exterminate termites are extremely harmful when handled in the wrong manner. In addition, they can be harmful if used in an environment where children or even pets are present.
Therefore, it is ideal to allow our professionals here at City Pest to handle the chemicals to ensure your safety. Our Bryan/College Station exterminators have proper training to handle these chemicals. We will keep everyone safe throughout our termite control process.
Prevention of Future Termite Infestation
In addition to exterminating termites from your Bryan/College Station home, City Pest Control can offer tips on prevention measures of termites.
Furthermore, we will have the necessary methods to ensure termites do not return to your home.
These are just a few of the many benefits of hiring City Pest Control for your Bryan/College Station termite control services. Contact us with the link below for more information!